While you can sometimes fix a shower issue on your own, other problems require the assistance of an expert. For example, if you unclog the shower drain twice, but it is still not flowing freely, you need to get in touch with a plumber. Contacting a local plumber is definitely a good idea if you think you have a leak but cannot locate the source.
You’d like to dispose of your old shower or tub before you install a new one? If you’re remodeling your bathroom, have your new unit installed by a qualified professional plumber.
Shower Repair Versus Replacement
In most cases, replacing shower parts, shower valves, or even the entire shower is the best option for a shower that has one or two small problems.
- If the showerhead is otherwise in good condition, it should not need replacing if it has limescale buildup.
- You may need to repair the showerhead or handle if water is leaking from them.
- A shower that is made up of separate components such as the surround, door, and pan-can usually be repaired by replacing the broken component without affecting the rest.
- It is possible to have a tub refinished to make it look as good as new. Some people choose this option despite the fact that it will cost more than buying a new tub since they like the style of the one they already have.
- It is a good idea to replace your shower head if it is an older model.
- Replace a rusted or dirty showerhead!
- In the event that multiple areas of a shower or tub are chipped, cracked, or worn, they may need to be replaced.
- It is likely that the entire unit will need to be replaced if the shower includes separate components, such as the surround, door, and pan.
- Replacing outdated fixtures in your bathroom can help give your bathroom a fresh appearance.
You will save both water and money when you switch to a low-flow showerhead.
Consider the costs, as well as whether it is a long-term solution to the problem, the length of time you intend to stay in your home, and the type of unit that is typical in your neighborhood before making a repair or replacing your unit.
Who to contact for shower repairs and installs in Broward County?
AY Plumbing offers services for new home construction, home repairs, and even business needs. We specialize in both residential and commercial properties and offer same-day service as well as technicians on-call around the clock. Service from us is hassle-free, cost-effective, and without issues. Contact us today for a free consultation if you believe we’ve seen it all.